A report from Poynter:
by Julie Moos
At the World Newspaper Congress and World Editors Forum in Vienna, Austria, a survey of 69 countries showed where print circulation, revenue and mobile use were rising for newspapers, and where they are declining.
Here is a quick summary:
- Asia Pacific region circulation up 7 percent from 2009 to 2010, and 16 percent over five years.
- Latin America: Up 2 percent last year and 4.5 percent over the past five years.
- Western Europe: Down 2.5 percent year-on-year and 11.8 percent over five years
- Eastern and Central Europe: Down 12 percent last year and 10 percent over five years
- North America: Down 11 percent year-on-year and 17 percent over five years.